What are the common attributes of Enlightenment?
- 1. There is a sense of union or oneness.
- 2. It is often described as instantaneous and sudden. And that is 'satori,' the Japanese word for enlightenment.
- 3. It is often very ordinary and so obvious, that when you experience 'It', you realize that you knew it all the time, but didn't know you knew.
- 4. It is experienced as timeless and imbued with a sense of universal love.
- 5. And it can be very funny. A cosmic joke and you're often the punch line.
- 6. And every enlightenment experience is unique and is uniquely expressed by each individual.