Noticing From Where You Are Conscious
- Sit straight with your eyes open and stare at infinity, as would if you were day dreaming. Just have a blank stare.
- Now gradually ignore that your eyes are looking.
- Put your attention on the place from which you are conscious. (That place is probably in the center of your head.)
- Leave your eyes looking straight ahead and separate your attention from the gaze of your eyes. Try to put your attention on the place from which you are conscious.
- No matter what you are conscious of, try to notice from where you are conscious of it.
- Try to separate your attention from what you are conscious of.
- Keep your eyes steady (un-blinking if possible) and put your attention on that place from which you are conscious. If you fail, try again.